Thursday, September 24, 2015

Encountering Christ and Mary during the World Meeting of Families

Here is another guest post from Socorro Truchan, Associate Director of Domestic Church


Day #2 on the World Meeting of Families was a pilgrimage to the Miraculous Medal Shring. I lit a candle and remembered everyone's intentions there. 






And I got my tickets to the Festival of Families and Papal Mass this weekend. God is so good to me!




Day #3 of the ‪#‎WMOF‬. Looking forward to some more great speakers today. A Panamanian couple will present the plenary session on "A Gift from God: The Meaning of Human Sexuality" ... Also, Scott Hahn will be presenting "Back to the Garden of Eden: Unearthing God's Covenant with Humankind"


Day #4 of the WMOF in Philadelphia. Morning Mass was a spiritual experience like no other I've been privileged to celebrate... Our Lady of Guadalupe, Emperatriz de las Americas, led the way this time. As the priests processed up to the altar, it was almost like Mary was silently "pondering all this in her motherly heart." After Holy Communion, it seemed to me that the priests (Mary's sons) were themselves transformed by the Holy Sacrament, and looked (to me) to be "full of light", the Light of Christ .



No comments:

Post a Comment